Paul is independently acclaimed as a leader in the fields of local government law and social housing law and is a favourite with clients. He was appointed Junior Counsel to the Crown by the Attorney General in 2015 and continues to be awarded the highest available independent ranking in each of his areas of specialism [Legal 500 2020 and Chambers UK 2020].
Paul is Head of the Local Government & Social Housing Department at Exchange Chambers. He advises and represents clients throughout the country and has particular expertise in the following areas of practice:
- All aspects of housing law and housing management
- Residential landlord and tenant law and its interface with human rights law
- Community safety & anti-social behaviour (including injunctions and possession actions)
- Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Equality Act 2010 issues
- Judicial review and public law challenges
- Disciplinary and regulatory matters concerning police officers and medical professionals
- Governance (including drafting and advising upon policies and procedures)
- Personal injury (with particular reference to physical and psychological injuries resulting from poor housing condition
Paul provides continuing professional development training for local authorities, private registered providers and the police.