Paul is independently acclaimed as a leader in his fields of practice [Legal 500 2021 and Chambers UK 2021] and is a favourite with clients. He was appointed Junior Counsel to the Crown by the Attorney General in 2015, and is a member of the Government’s ‘A’ Panel.
Paul is Head of Local Government & Social Housing at Exchange Chambers. He sits as a Recorder (civil) and Legally Qualified Chair at the Medical Practitioners’ Tribunal Service and in the Police Misconduct jurisdiction.
Paul advises and represents clients throughout the country and has particular expertise in the following areas of practice:
- Personal injury (RTA, OL, EL and PL cases) for Claimants and Defendants
- All aspects of housing law and housing management
- Residential landlord and tenant law and its interface with human rights law
- Community safety & anti-social behaviour (including injunctions and possession actions)
- Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Equality Act 2010 issues
- Judicial review and public law challenges
- Human Rights, data breach and privacy
- Disciplinary and regulatory matters concerning police officers and medical professionals
- Governance (including drafting and advising upon policies and procedures)
Paul provides continuing professional development training for private client firms, local authorities, private registered providers and the police.