Simon is an experienced barrister with a mixed practice encompassing commercial and chancery and personal injury law.
He has developed a strong and loyal following amongst his solicitors who continue to instruct him in a broad range of high value work. He is recognised for his calm approach, for his ability to distil the issues in a case and for his attention to detail. The breadth of his practice gives him the ability to analyse a case from many angles. Court work is his forte. His client feedback is second to none.
His commercial practice encompasses the following areas of work:
- Shareholder and company disputes
- Commercial contract disputes.
- Sale of Goods (including the transport and sale of goods overseas)
- Insurance disputes (including policy interpretation)
- Banking disputes (including regulatory aspects of Banking Law)
- Building disputes (commercial and domestic)
- Civil fraud
- Partnership disputes
- Professional negligence (lawyers, accountants, surveyors, financial advisors, insurance brokers)
- Utilities work (including regulatory aspects of the gas, water
and electricity industries)
- Contested mortgage actions (including mortgage fraud)
- Real property
Simon also maintains a strong personal injury and clinical negligence practice, acting for both claimants and defendants in a wide range of matters.