Harriet was called to the Bar in 2016. She became a tenant of Exchange Chambers in September 2018 following the successful completion of her pupillage under Alfred Weiss.
Harriet has a broad commercial and insolvency (corporate and personal) practice with particular experience in banking and finance matters. Across those areas Harriet undertakes a range of court work including:
- Fast track and multi-track trials (e.g routinely appearing on behalf of major UK lenders defending fraudulent misrepresentation claims brought pursuant to s.75 of the CCA 1974);
- Applications for injunctions and other interim relief (e.g advancing an application for urgent interim relief for the return of goods on a without notice basis);
- Applications in the Chancery Applications list (e.g. an application for an administration order with retrospective effect, applications to appoint receivers over property by Court order);
- Insolvency applications in the County Court and High Court (e.g responding to and advancing applications to set aside statutory demands, remuneration applications, disputed winding up and bankruptcy petitions); and
- Interim hearings in the County Court and High Court (e.g advancing applications for summary judgment in multi-track matters).
Harriet’s recent work includes being led on an appeal relating to the certification of a Collective Proceedings Order by the Competition Appeal Tribunal. She has also been led in the substantial group litigation which followed the collapse of the Fundão Dam in South-eastern Brazil.