The majority of Alex’s practice is focused on personal injury work. Alex is regularly instructed by Claimants and Defendants in multi-track and fast track cases on all areas of personal injury work, including road traffic accidents, occupiers’ liability, employers’ liability, public liability, CICA claims and Highways Act claims.
Alex has a very busy trial practice and regularly attends CCMC’s and interim hearings, especially where technical procedural arguments are raised.
Some examples of recent multi-track work include:
- Advice and representation of the Claimant in a liability admitted matter arising from a road traffic accident. The claim is pleaded in excess of £200,000.
- Representation of the Claimant at a two-day trial in an employer’s liability matter. Liability was disputed and the Defendant raised issues of dishonesty. Following the trial, the Claimant was
- awarded a significant sum of damages.
- Representation of three Claimants at a two-day trial in a road traffic matter. The Defendant raised issues of causation and fundamental dishonesty. Following the trial, the Claimants were each successful.
- Advice and representation of the Claimant who sustained injury following shoulder surgery.
- Advice and representation of the Claimant who suffered a crush injury to the hand at work.
For more information about Alex’s Defendant practice, please see his “Personal Injury: Defence” CV.
Alex also has extensive knowledge of credit hire law and regularly acts for Claimants and Defendants. He was recently instructed in successfully responding to an appeal on a novel area concerning the precise interpretation of impecuniosity.
Alex has written articles and provided seminars on s. 69 ERRA, interim payments and on issues relating to jurisdiction and the applicable law for accidents abroad.