Richard is an experienced junior practising in the Commercial, Commercial Fraud, Insolvency and Property departments, with extensive experience of acting in an advisory capacity or drafting, and in advocacy of all kinds.
- Richard has a broad commercial practice, covering contractual disputes, banking, mortgages and asset recovery, professional negligence, sale of goods/product liability, company and partnership law and commercial litigation generally.
- He also practices extensively in insolvency, acting for both office holders and those subject to insolvency proceedings.
- Richard is also a member of the commercial fraud department, with significant experience in the area.
- Richard’s practice also covers various areas of property law, including real property disputes, landlord and tenant disputes and trusts.
Richard is listed as a Leading Individual in Chambers & Partners in Commercial Dispute Resolution and Restructuring/Insolvency, and a Leading Junior in The Legal 500 in Company and Insolvency.
He has been variously described as:
- “He is very good on his feet. He is careful and well prepared, and he has a manner that clients can gel with.” “He’s very persuasive in front of a judge and very good at spotting unusual points.” “He is very approachable and very user-friendly.” (Chambers and Partners 2021)
- “Good to work with. Team player. Nothing too much trouble. Reliable and hard working.” (The Legal 500 2021)
- “Very diligent and always well prepared.” (Chambers and Partners 2020)
- a “talented junior with a burgeoning reputation, who handles a wide variety of commercial disputes including company, contractual and insolvency-related matters”, having “exactly the right attitude” and being an “extremely able and user-friendly junior – he is very much a safe pair of hands on all things chancery, commercial and insolvency related.” (Chambers and Partners 2019)
- “a future star who is particularly good at cross-examination” (Chambers and Partners 2018)
Richard is Junior Counsel to the Crown (Regional A Panel).