Richard is an experienced junior practising in the Commercial, Commercial Fraud, Insolvency and Property departments, with extensive experience of acting in an advisory capacity or drafting, and in advocacy of all kinds.
- Richard has a broad commercial practice, covering contractual disputes, banking, mortgages and asset recovery, professional negligence, sale of goods/product liability, company and partnership law and commercial litigation generally.
- He also practices extensively in insolvency, acting for both office holders and those subject to insolvency proceedings.
- Richard is also a member of the commercial fraud department, with significant experience in the area.
- Richard’s practice also covers various areas of property law, including real property disputes, landlord and tenant disputes and trusts.
Richard is listed as a Leading Individual in Chambers & Partners in Commercial Dispute Resolution and has been variously described as:
- a “talented junior with a burgeoning reputation, who handles a wide variety of commercial disputes including company, contractual and insolvency-related matters”, having “exactly the right attitude” and being an “extremely able and user-friendly junior – he is very much a safe pair of hands on all things chancery, commercial and insolvency related.” (2019)
- “a future star who is particularly good at cross-examination” (2018)
Richard is Junior Counsel to the Crown (Regional A Panel).