Adam joined Exchange Chambers having previously worked at three international law firms as an employed barrister. As such, Adam has extensive experience acting for clients in complex, high-value matters.
- Advising on and drafting particulars in respect of a claim against a global motor vehicle producer for breach of an exclusivity agreement, with the claim valued in excess of £1.5m.
- Drafting an amended defence to a claim in excess of £5m regarding breach of contract and bailment obligations in respect of alleged high value machinery.
- Advising a majority shareholder and director of an English Football Club on allegations of breach of director’s duties, fraudulent misrepresentation and breach of contract. Represented the client at pre-action negotiations/meetings.
- Advising pre-action and drafting particulars for a claim against a solicitor for negligence arising out of an underlying claim regarding a failure to act in accordance with procedural and/or court time limits and a failure to obtain the client’s consent in respect of a number of decisions taken. Claim in excess of £70,000.
- Representing a client at trial in respect of a claim for breach of contract. Claim in excess of £100,000.
- Advising a local authority on the merits of a claim brought against a consultant in respect of a authorisations given to contractors which departed from the employer’s requirements.
- Advising a client faced with POCA proceedings in the Crown Court in respect of the creation of a trust over a matrimonial property and proprietary estoppel.
- Advising a national developer in respect of multi-million-pound developments on the contractual interpretation and grounds upon which the agreement with the contractor could be terminated.
- Advising a facilities management company in respect of an agreement with a national developer as to the mechanisms for overhead cost recovery, legal costs and standard of care provisions.
- Advising a developer as to the grounds for terminating a JCT contract with the contractor in respect of a development in excess of £2.5m.