John has a broad practice, encompassing all aspects of commercial, property and insolvency law. He accepts instructions in a variety of areas of law including:
- Contractual disputes of all kinds
- Banking, finance and asset recovery;
- Professional negligence;
- Sale of goods;
- Possession Actions by Mortgagees, LPA Receivers and Landlords
- Disrepair Actions by Tenants
- Leasehold Enfranchisement
- Actions for Service Charges and Administration Charges
- Actions for unlawful eviction
- Complaints against Bailiffs
- Liability Orders for Business Rates and Council Tax
- Boundary Disputes
- Business Tenancy Disputes
- Personal Bankruptcy including Bankruptcy Petitions and Applications to Set- Aside
- Statutory Demands.
- Public Examination of Bankrupts
- Corporate Insolvency including Winding-up Petitions and Applications to Set- Aside
- Orders for Sale by the Trustee in Bankruptcy
- Administration Applications and Applications for extension of an Administrator’s term of office.
- Applications for directions to office holders from the court.
He also has experience of wills and probate, including contentious probate claims.
In 2018 John was appointed to join the Regional C Panel of Junior Counsel to the Crown.