Our multi-disciplinary insurance and reinsurance team use their expertise in applicable regulatory frameworks and knowledge of the market to provide an innovative and commercial service.
Our barristers act in insurance and reinsurance disputes of all kinds. We provide specialist advice and advocacy across the whole range of commercial and domestic insurances. Our barristers act for both insurers and the insured in litigation, arbitration, and mediation of policy liability and quantum disputes, including the following:
- Disputed policy coverage on all types of policies (e.g. EL, PL, products liability, composite commercial, property, goods in transit, professional indemnity, payment protection, legal expenses)
- Defending or advancing claims involving material damage – fire, flood and subsidence; and liability – occupiers’ liability, employers’, professionals’, property owners’, motor, product
- Professional negligence claims involving insurance professionals (e.g. brokers, loss adjusters, loss assessors)
- Payment protection and similar disputes
- Subrogated recovery actions by insurers against third parties.
We also provide advice on non-contentious insurance matters.
Many of our barristers are also well-versed in complementary fields such as construction, professional liability and property law.