In the increasingly complex area of tax legislation and practice, we have dedicated expertise in the field that advise and represent clients across a range of contentious and non-contentious matters.
The matters we cover include:
- Administration of estates Claims under The Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Co-ownership disputes
- Construction of wills and trusts deeds
- Court of Protection claims
- Inheritance tax and capital gains tax
- Probate disputes (challenges to wills for want of due execution, lack of capacity, want of knowledge and approval, and undue influence)
- Professional negligence claims involving wills and estates
- Tax planning relating to trusts and VAT
- Trust in the context of matrimonial proceedings
- Trustee and beneficiary disputes
Our members have expertise in complementary fields, and are able to advise on and handle cases which interact with other areas.
We have dedicated experts that deal with tax disputes and private client tax matters, and can advise in relation to estates and settlements. Visit the Tax team.
A number of our members who practise in these fields are also accredited mediators.