Wills, Trusts and Probate
Kirsty undertakes work in a broad range of wills, trusts and probate matters. She is happy to accept instructions in the following areas:
- The validity and construction of wills including the failure of gifts
- Contested wills
- Claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants Act) 1975
- The variation of dispositions post death
- The removal and appointment of personal representatives
- Claims for breach of duty against personal representatives
Recent work Kirsty has undertaken includes:
- Drafting a defence and representing the Defendant at the hearing of a successful strike out application concerning a claim brought against the Defendant as personal representative of an estate in respect of a failed gift.
- Advising the sole beneficiary of an estate regarding a claim for maintenance brought by the two sons of the deceased pursuant to the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.
- Advising on options and strategy regarding trust funds invested into a Scottish property without being properly documented.
- Advising on prospects of successfully making an application to court for an order removing trustees and bringing a trust to an end.