Alternative Dispute Resolution
Adam is well versed in the various forms of ADR, including those arising out of commercial disputes. In particular, Adam has experience of negotiation, mediation, adjudication and arbitration as evidenced by the matters below and the various articles on the subject published in national and international practitioner journals:
- Drafting submissions in an LCIA Arbitration in respect of a claim for the full payment for the supply of ammonia between Swiss and Russian Multinational Corporations. The case concerned detailed legal argument in respect of contractual interpretation, set off and shipping law.
- Drafting the Notice, Referral and all subsequent submissions for an Adjudication that included issues arising out of the construction of an anaerobic digestion facility. Adjudication included issues of legislative interpretation, DSEAR and IGEM guidance and contractual interpretation.
- Representing an Architect in proceedings, including mediation, relating to the design and construction of a hospital wing in Sheffield. The claim related to the negligent approval of compensation events. Successfully settled at mediation.
- Drafting Response and Rejoinder to an Adjudication in respect of the recovery of a part of the Retention. Matter involved legal analysis of the interim payment mechanism and issues of contractual interpretation and jurisdictional challenges.
- Drafting the Response to a claim for over $335m in respect of alleged defective lock gates, heard before a Dispute Adjudication Board in respect of the Panama Canal Extension.