Adam joined Exchange Chambers having previously worked at three international law firms as an employed barrister and, as such, has considerable experience of acting in complex, heavy-weight commercial matters.
Adam has particular experience in construction (and associated ADR, including adjudication and mediation), as well as banking and finance and general commercial matters. Adam also has experience of providing advice, including coverage advice, in insurance backed matter.
Adam’s recent experience includes:
- Advising on and drafting particulars in respect of a claim against a global motor vehicle producer for breach of an exclusivity agreement, with the claim valued in excess of £1.5m.
- Drafting an amended defence to a claim in excess of £5m regarding breach of contract and bailment obligations in respect of alleged high value machinery.
- Representing a client at trial in respect of a claim of breach of contract for a claim in excess of £100,000.
- Advising a client faced with POCA proceedings in the Crown Court in respect of the creation of a trust over a matrimonial property and proprietary estoppel.
- Advising a majority shareholder and director of a English Football Club on allegations of breach of director’s duties, fraudulent misrepresentation and breach of contract. Represented the client at pre-action negotiations/meetings.
- Advising a luxury car showroom on the passing of title in a vehicle, agency and a claim in restitution.