John has a broad practice, with a particular focus on commercial, property and insolvency matters. His insolvency practice extends to:
- Personal Bankruptcy including Bankruptcy Petitions and Applications to Set- Aside Statutory Demands
- Public Examination of Bankrupts
- Corporate Insolvency including Winding-up Petitions and Applications to Set- Aside Statutory Demands
- Orders for Sale by the Trustee in Bankruptcy
- Administration Applications and Applications for extension of an Administrator’s term of office
- Applications for directions to office holders from the court.
Acted for a Trustee in Bankruptcy in Order for Sale proceedings, where the wife of the bankrupt raised a defence based upon the equity of exoneration.
Successfully acted to annul a bankruptcy relying on section 282(a) of the Insolvency Act 1986.
Acted for a supervisor of a CVA which was challenged by a creditor.
Appeared on various contested bankruptcy and winding-up petitions.