Alfie has wide ranging experience as an able advocate in the area of insolvency.
Areas of practice include:
- Acting on behalf of office-holders in claims to recover assets/monies
- Acting on behalf of office-holders in challenges to their appointments
- Acting on behalf of office-holders in claims alleging personal liability of office holders
- Advising directors of potentially insolvent businesses
- Acting to restrain presentation of winding up petitions
- Acting to set aside statutory demands
- Acting to challenge presentation of winding up and bankruptcy petitions
- Director’s qualification proceedings and claims under the Company Directors’ Disqualification Act
- Public interest winding up proceedings
Alfie has been a member of the Attorney-General’s Panel Counsel since November 2012. He was promoted to the A-Panel with effect from 1 March 2021.
He is fast gaining a solid reputation for his sharp intellect and commercially-focused, client friendly approach.
Examples of recent cases include:
Acting in appeal of creditor’s voting procedure.
Drafting s.212 and 214 application.
Acting on behalf of office-holder in claim for orders under s234 and 236 for transfer of assets.
Restraining presentation of winding up petition.
Opposing set aside of statutory demand.
Acting for Trustee in Bankruptcy in contested proceedings where debtor sought declaration of incapacity due to alcoholism.
Acting for Liquidator defending claim in which director of insolvent company
alleged disability discrimination against the Liquidator as regards the conduct
of the liquidation. Successfully struck out the claim at a one day hearing.
Acting for debtor in long-running multi-million pound bankruptcy proceedings.
Acting for company successfully obtaining injunction to restrain presentation
of winding up petition.
Acting for Administrators seeking various interlocutory orders in complex