Alfred has a thriving Commercial Fraud specialism.
He is experienced in cases concerning Fraudulent Misrepresentation/Deceit, Negligent Misrepresentation, Constructive Trusts, Conspiracy, Breach of Confidentiality, and the economic torts generally.
In addition to receiving instructions as trial Counsel, Alfred is instructed to deal with urgent injunctive relief in such cases, including Freezing Injunctions, Norwich Pharmacal Orders, Proprietary Injunctions, and other Interim Injunctions/Orders.
He is experienced in both litigation and arbitration work concerning Commercial Fraud. He is a team player, content to receive instructions as sole Counsel working in close conjunction with the Solicitor and Client Team, or as a Led Junior.
Commercial Fraud Cases
Recent cases include:
- Instructed as a led Junior in a multi-million dollar international arbitration concerning a hotel development in Africa
- Acting in a claim for injunctive relief to restrain alleged fraudulent misrepresentations made by a sales team as part of a conspiracy to the detriment of competitors
- Acting on behalf of a company in a claim concerning an alleged historic fraud by a director of a company who embezzled funds, pursuing an action against his estate
- Norwich Pharmacal relief – obtaining an order for disclosure of documents against a bank allegedly caught in the fraudulent misrepresentations of a property developer made to his former business partner
- Freezing injunction – acting for the respondent in a worldwide freezing order application involving clients resident overseas and assets held overseas
- Proprietary injunctions – obtaining an interim injunction in respect of the applicant’s beneficial interest in the shares to a S.P.V. that held the legal title to a commercial property