Rachel has acted in a broad array of corporate and personal insolvency matters. She has acted in asset recovery proceedings, appeared in the winding up lists, and has particular experience of applications to restrain presentation and advertisement of petitions, as well as setting aside statutory demands and liability orders.
- Representing a company in proceedings against HMRC. The litigation concerned tax liabilities arising as a consequence of Construction Industry Scheme credits having not been processed and VAT returns requiring updating;
- Advising and representing companies on costs issues arising out of winding up petitions, see reported case in the chancery division at  EWHC 1079 (Ch);
- Representing a director of a business in an application to set aside statutory demands served in respect of a disputed deposit and bounced cheque;
- Representing public bodies and companies in winding-up proceedings founded on non-payment of non-domestic rates;
- Representing a company and director in a preferential payment s.239, Insolvency Act 1986 dispute. This settled at mediation;
- Drafting and representing a company in a set aside of liability orders relating to business rates;
- Various set aside of statutory demand applications.