Local Government and Social Housing
Rachel has acted in a broad array of local government matters such as town and village green registration, compulsory purchase, mass-scale housing regeneration projects and mobile homes.
- Advising a Local Authority about Home Loss Payments and the Land Compensation Act 1973;
- Advising a Local Authority in a claim concerning a vesting order pursuant to s.48 of the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993. Fazil v Portman Estates Nominees Ltd was relevant;
- Drafting pleadings in an ongoing construction dispute concerning the termination of contract after following a tender to procurement process;
- Advising And drafting pleadings in relation to mobile homes site;
- Various Homelessness Appeals;
- Various Rent Repayment Order hearings.