Rachel has a busy commercial practice, which encompasses all manner of contractual disputes, debt recovery matters, company disputes, tort, trusts and equitable relief.
Rachel regularly appears in the County and High Courts in applications and procedural hearings, including applications for relief from sanctions, summary judgment, applications for charging orders and case management hearings.
Recent cases Rachel has acted in include:
- Represented the Claimants in their application for committal of the Defendant for contempt of court, following breach of a mandatory injunction
- Successfully struck out a claim for breach of contract and obtained a finding of totally without merit against the Claimant
- Defended an application to set aside default judgment and obtained an indemnity cost award against the Defendant
- Provided advice to company directors in respect of a breach of warranty claim arising out of a share purchase agreement
- Advised in respect of a potential third party claim for breach of contract and indemnity
- Provided advice in a potential claim for unjust enrichment
- Rachel also regularly acts for financial institutions in defending claims brought under sections 140A to 140C of the Consumer Credit Act 1974