Jonathan acts in both a representative and advisory capacity in relation to all aspects of personal and corporate insolvency. He regularly appears in insolvency applications and trials.
He acts on behalf of all parties including office holders, and also accepts instructions on a direct access basis.
Jonathan’s experience includes advising on, drafting in relation to and appearing in the following:
- Winding up proceedings and attendant applications for injunctive relief
- Misfeasance applications pursuant to s 212 of the Insolvency Act 1986
- Actions involving transfers at an undervalue and preferences pursuant to ss 238 and 239 of the Insolvency Act 1986
- Actions involving allegations of transactions defrauding creditors pursuant to s 423 of the Insolvency Act 1986
- Applications for relief in relation to void transactions pursuant to s 217 of the Insolvency Act 1986
- Applications for permission to be director of a company with a prohibited name pursuant to s 216
- Applications to enquire into a company’s dealings pursuant to ss 236 and 237 of the Insolvency Act 1986
- Directors disqualification proceedings arising out of post winding up investigations
- Bankruptcy proceedings
- Applications to annul bankruptcy
- Applications for possession and sale of property/bankrupt’s home
- Public examinations of bankrupts
- Administration applications
- Administration extension applications
- Various other applications arising in the conduct of personal and corporate insolvencies
Malcolm Jones v The Financial Conduct Authority  – Appeal against a refusal to set aside a statutory demand
Re Simon Lee Fox  – Two day trial arising from a trustee’s application for possession and sale.