Jonathan transferred to the Bar in 2008 having qualified as a solicitor in 1995 and thereafter enjoyed a successful career, for the last 8 years of which he was head of Commercial Litigation at Keoghs.
He has experience of a broad range of commercial litigation disputes and brings over 25 years’ experience to bear on any case with which he is involved. He identifies and isolates the issues to be addressed in any case in order to achieve the best and most efficient result possible for his client.
Being a former solicitor he understands the pressures of working in practice and therefore can tailor his own working methods to best assist his instructing solicitor.
He has experience of a broad range of cases involving issues of fraud including the following
- Deliberate misrepresentation of insurance risks pre-inception
- Fraudulent property transactions
- Transactions defrauding creditors
Commercial Fraud Cases
Examples of concluded and ongoing cases in which Jonathan has been involved:
- As junior counsel representing company directors in a week-long trial against allegations of transactions defrauding creditors of an insolvent company
- Several cases advising both insurers and policyholders in circumstances where fraudulent misrepresentation is alleged
- Advising claimants in relation to claims seeking redress in the tort of deceit in various circumstances
- Representing insurers in claims of deliberate arson by the policyholder
- Representing claimants and defendant solicitors in actions following property transactions involving a fraudulent seller
- Representing a defendant and part 20 claimant in proceedings involving claims and counterclaims of manufacturing of false documentary evidence