Ben has a busy commercial land practice, with his notable instructions on behalf of commercial landowners including:
- His appearance on behalf of the owner of a large block of student accommodation in defence of interim possession proceedings (and underlying trespasser claims) brought by former long-lease holders of the property. In the same, Ben obtained joinder of his client as a party, the summary dismissal of 8 IPO applications and the summary dismissal of 8 possession claims at the first hearing of the claims;
- His appearance for a commercial tenant in an un-contested lease renewal claim brought under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954, in which he obtained the court’s approval of a suite of new terms for his client; and
- His appearance, and drafting of pleadings, on behalf of a commercial landlord of a piece of commercial real estate in London in forfeiture proceedings.
The above matters aside, Ben has acted on a wide variety of possession claims and related applications, including:
- the section 8 and section 21 varieties; and
- applications to set aside, vary and suspend possession orders stemming not only from traditional possession proceedings, but also possession orders obtained in the insolvency context.