Ben is commonly instructed in contract claims, company disputes, director liability matters, debt recovery claims and property developer claims. Ben’s involvement in each area ranges from final hearings to dealing with interlocutory applications – including strike out and summary judgment applications as well as applications for injunctions.
Ben’s notable cases and instructions in this general commercial area of his practice include:
- His successful defence of a summary judgment application brought by the Claimant in a claim stated to be valued at £104,000;
- His obtaining of a dismissal of an application for an injunction as totally without merit and obtaining an indemnity cost award in a case concerning allegations of trusts over land;
- His successful appearance on behalf of a Claimant multi-national law firm at the final hearing of a claim for unpaid fees pursuant to a non-contentious business agreement;
- His provision of advice to the purchaser of a large-scale piece of commercial real estate following their purchase of a plot of land valued at £1.3 million, as to the contractual construction of post-completion obligations pursuant to the contract of sale; and
- His provision of a letter of advice to a prospective Claimant in a claim intimated to be worth circa £840,000, concerning the law of compromise.