Ben is a regular attendee in the winding up and bankruptcy lists, representing both petitioning creditors and debtors alike. He also has experience of full contested petition hearings in both the winding up and bankruptcy contexts.
Those lists aside, Ben is frequently instructed to handle a variety of Insolvency Act matters and applications. In particular, Ben has experience of the following applications and general insolvency matters:
- TOLATA claims;
- Applications to set aside statutory demands;
- Applications to vary income payment agreements;
- Applications to annul and/or rescind bankruptcy orders;
- Administration applications and applications to extend the period of administration;
- Applications to permanently stay liquidation; and
- Transaction at undervalue matters.
Instructions of particular note in Ben’s insolvency practice include:
- His obtaining of a dismissal of an application to set aside a statutory demand worth £686, 693;
- His involvement in a tri-partite application to annul a bankruptcy order, in which he acted for the Trustees;
- His obtaining of three concurrent bankruptcy orders in a debt claim valued at circa £3.2m; and
- His obtaining of an order setting aside a statutory demand stated to be valued at £130,000, by reason of his submissions on the nature of damages in unjust enrichment claims.