Amie is regularly instructed in the following areas:
- Applications to set aside statutory demands and contested bankruptcy petitions
- Winding up petitions, including applications to prevent their advertisement or to contest the petition
- Remuneration applications
- Company restorations
Recent insolvency work Amie has undertaken includes:
- Private examination hearings pursuant to section 366 applications and a section 236 application in the High Court.
- Advised on the viability of section 130(2) Insolvency Act 1986 in a retrospective capacity where default judgment had been granted in respect of a claim against a company in liquidation.
- Advised in relation to the routes available for resolving a dispute between directors of a company concerning the appropriate value of a director’s shareholding, considering the viability of a potential unfair prejudice petition, petitioning the winding up of the company or resolving matters by way of accountancy and negotiation.