Roger’s personal injury practice comprises representing lay clients in a wide range of employee, illness and general accident claims.
He has substantial experience of highways claims, school and sports centre claims, industrial disease, and road traffic accident claims.
With over 30 years of experience at the Bar, Roger brings an unparalleled level of knowledge and expertise to each case. He works in a compassionate, clear manner and acts in his clients’ best interests at all times.
Personal Injury Cases
- Represented a Claimant who suffered a severe eye injury to an already damaged eye, resulting in the loss of his eye and the fitting of a prosthesis. Issues over the quantum appropriate for general damages and as to the level of future loss, given disputes over the Claimant’s ability to work in the future and the level of income he would be likely
- Representing a Defendant employer in Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome claims brought by former and existing employees. Issues over the existence of HAVS, the level of handicap resulting where HAVS established, the possible earnings achievable by the Claimant in the future, the degree of handicap on the labour market and the extent to which future costs/assistance claims were made out.
- Representing Highway Authorities as Defendants in Highway tripping claims, with issues over the veracity of the claims in the light of conflicting medical histories, whether trips were actionable as dangerous defects, the adequacy of inspection and maintenance regimes, exaggeration of the extent of resulting disability, disputes over future loss of income.
- Representing Local Education Authorities as Defendants in numerous claims brought by pupils at schools after suffering injuries during gymnastics exercises, trampolining, playing in organised football and rugby games and in various types of playground accidents, with issues about the adequacy of supervision, sporting equipment, design and construction of school premises and playgrounds etc.
- Representing and advising Claimants involved in road traffic accidents as to liability and quantum, including the making of CPR Part 36 offers.