Joel is experienced in both corporate and personal insolvency and handles all manner of actions arising out of the Insolvency Act 1986, principally on behalf of office-holders.
Joel regularly handles asset recovery, the adjustment of prior transactions, routine applications on behalf of office-holders concerning their remuneration and distributions, as well as actions for and against former directors of insolvent companies concerning misfeasance and unlawful distributions.
Recent work includes:
- advising office-holders on transactions susceptible to adjustment;
- drafting applications to pursue former directors of insolvent companies for overdrawn loan accounts and unlawful distributions;
- obtaining orders for possession and sale and resisting applications to annul arising out of bankruptcies;
- appearing in disputed debt hearings for both winding-up and bankruptcy petitions;
- an injunction to restrain the notification of a winding-up petition valued at £1.2 million involving allegations of a large-scale tax fraud; and
- an injunction to restrain the disposition of real property alleged to be at an undervalue against a number of both individual and corporate respondents based in both England & Wales and Seychelles.