Harriet is regularly instructed in a variety of commercial cases involving contractual and company disputes as well as debt recovery, tort, trusts and equitable relief. She is frequently instructed by major banks and lenders and has a wealth of trial experience.
Across these areas, Harriet’s recent work has included:
- Routinely appearing on behalf of major UK lenders defending fraudulent misrepresentation claims brought pursuant to s.75 of the CCA 1974;
- Acting for a prominent asset finance company in advancing an urgent application for an interim injunction and the return of goods on a without notice basis;
- Frequently acting on behalf of banks in matters involving the provisions of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and the FCA Handbook;
- Drafting pleadings in conversion claims relating to goods with a value of c.£150,000;
- Obtaining summary judgment in a multi-track factoring claim; and
- Drafting pleadings on behalf of a lender defending a claim to set aside a series of mortgages on the basis of forgery and/or undue influence.