Building on his practice in catastrophic / serious injury, Chris has an extensive practice in military claims acting only for Claimants. He is regarded as a military specialist and he fully understands the nuances of the military structure including the downgrading and discharge procedure as well as the challenges of establishing career projections. Chris has a real insight in how to fully and correctly undertake pension loss calculations in military cases.
Chris receives instructions from a number of national firms who specialise in military law including claims involving;
- Non-Freezing Cold Injuries (NFCI)
- Freezing injuries (frost bite) and heat injuries
- Serious head or spinal injuries
- Road traffic accidents involving armed forces personnel both in the UK and abroad
- Accidents involving military vehicles
- Injury on operations or on exercise
- Bullying, harassment and assault
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Hearing loss
- Medical negligence by armed forces personnel
- Failure in diagnosis and to observe medical limitations
- Delay in medical treatment
- Personal injury caused by defective or inappropriate equipment
- Exposure to toxic substances including chemical agents, asbestos and toxic waste
He has successfully settled many claims involving NCFI’s at joint settlement meetings and has experience of dealing with other very serious injuries involving military personnel.
As a recognised specialist in military claims, Chris is instructed on behalf of military personnel who have suffered injuries in a non-military context (i.e. RTA’s etc).
NFCI – multiple; Chris will generally take on and finalise at least 20 NFCI cases per annum with settlements generally ranging from £250,000 to £500,000 depending on the circumstances.
Amputee – Chris acted for a solider who sustained injuries on a UK based army base which resulted in a below knee amputation.
Serious Injury – multiple cases in which settlements have been considerable (see full CV for further details)
NIHL – Chris has experience in dealing with noise induced hearing loss claims for servicemen and women