Kirsty has a busy insolvency practice and deals with all aspects of both corporate and personal insolvency. She has experience in a range of Insolvency Act applications and is often instructed to draft the same. Kirsty regularly represents office holders, creditors and debtors in both routine and contested matters, including:
- Winding up and bankruptcy petitions
- Applications to annul bankruptcies and set aside statutory demands
- Injunctions to restrain presentation of winding up petitions
- Claims against directors
- Applications for possession and sale
- Applications for administration orders and extension of administrations
Recent insolvency work Kirsty has undertaken includes:
- Drafting a winding-up petition against a foreign registered company and an application for permission to serve this out of the jurisdiction.
- Acting on behalf of two debtors who had provided personal guarantees and were residing outside of the jurisdiction when served with statutory demands.
- Representing a liquidator in a preference and misfeasance claim against a company director who had misused a covid grant.
- Successfully opposing an application to rescind a winding-up order.