Kate is well-versed in both corporate and personal insolvency, handling all manner of actions arising out of the Insolvency Act 1986. She principally appears on behalf of debtor companies, petitioning and supporting creditors. Most recently, Kate has assisted on matters arising out of the new coronavirus test’s applicability.
Kate also regularly handles routine and contested applications on behalf of office-holders concerning their remuneration and distributions.
Recent work includes:
- Acting in applications for possession and sale.
- Advising on and acting in applications to set aside statutory demands.
- Applications in the Chancery Applications list.
- Appearing in disputed debt hearings for both winding-up and bankruptcy petitions.
- Advising a debtor subject to an IVA as to its consequences for ongoing proceedings.
- Advising on and drafting applications pursuant to Section 130 of the Insolvency Act 1986.
Kate assisted in preparing the guidance and materials delivered at the talk on the Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020 at Exchange Chambers’ most recent Annual Insolvency Conference; and has also prepared the following articles: