Anja specialises in insolvency and commercial dispute resolution. Her experience includes:
- successfully defending an application for an administration order brought on the basis of a contingent debt of circa £337k, where the contingent event was one of solvency (Interactive Digital Systems Ltd v VST Enterprises Ltd  EWHC 887 (Ch));
- successfully applying to lift the stay imposed by the statutory moratorium to enable pursuit of a strike out/ summary judgment application in a claim worth £2million;
- acting on behalf of administrators of a peer-to-peer lending platform seeking directions from the court in relation to the treatment of security realisations, led by David Mohyuddin QC;
- obtaining an administration order in respect of a property-holding company on a creditor’s application brought by a tribunal-appointed property manager;
- acting for liquidators in a claim for restitution of a void disposition pursuant to s.127 IA 1986, resisting a ‘change of position’ defence both in law and fact;
- acting on interim applications concerning disclosure sought against a company in administration against whom proceedings are stayed by operation of the statutory moratorium;
- acting on contested bankruptcy petitions, including on two associated petitions brought in respect of a debt of circa £174k;
- drafting and appearing in claims brought in misfeasance against directors of insolvent companies;
- acting in shareholder disputes, including advising and drafting a claim for declaratory relief and consequential orders to secure entry into the register of members in anticipation of a s.994 petition.
Anja has recently been appointed to a second term as barrister member of the Civil Procedure Rule Committee (the non-departmental public body responsible for making the rules of court for the Civil Division of the Court of Appeal, the High Court and the County Court). She was appointed as junior counsel to the Crown (regional panel C) commencing 1 March 2021, since which she has regularly appeared for the Secretary of State in director disqualification proceedings. Anja is named as ‘up and coming’ in Chambers and Partners 2022 in the field of commercial dispute resolution, where she is described as ‘a strong barrister who has attracted attention on the Northern Circuit for her excellent commercial practice’, and in which it is said ‘She is a safe pair of hands and always goes the extra mile to make sure her advice is spot on and we have everything we need’.