Louis is an experienced and well known practitioner in this field, specialising in commercial and contractual disputes. He also has a substantial professional negligence practice, particularly relating to actions against construction professionals such as architects and surveyors, as well as an array of other professionals including solicitors, accountants, and investment and financial advisers.
Louis is currently instructed by a US firm as joint Lead Counsel in litigation relating to the collapse of the Fundão Dam in South-eastern Brazil. The class action has been filed in the High Court in Liverpool by SPG Law on behalf of around 200,000 individuals, 25 municipal governments, 700 businesses, a Catholic archdiocese and members of the Krenak indigenous community.
Louis has a very wide range of experience of claims involving The Home Office and The Ministry of Defence.
Louis particularly specialises in judicial review cases.
- Municipio De Mariana and others v BHP Group 
- R v Sec of State for Health Ex p Wagstaffe  1WLR 292
- Buxton v Westmacott  PIQR Q115
- Beattie v Sec of State for Soc Security  1 WLR 1404
- Twigg Farnell v Wildlood  PNLR 211 (Scope of Solicitors lien)
- Una Quigley v Liverpool Housing Trust  EGCS 94 (Environmental Protection Act 1990 Section 82 Statutory Nuisances)
- R v Mental Health Review Tribunal Ex p McDonald  COD 20 (Judicial review of untreatable psychopaths detained under MHA 1983)
- Callery v Gray / Russell v Pal Pak  3 All ER 833
- R (on the application of CPS) v Registrar General of Births, Deaths and Marriages  All ER 540