Louis is an immensely experienced practitioner, specialising in civil law. He has an extensive high-value personal injury practice, working particularly for defendants. In addition, he practises in the fields of public law, inquests, professional negligence, contract/commercial law and data protection. He also has wide experience of claims against the police. In recent years, Louis has been instructed in some of the most high-profile cases in the region.
He has a very wide range of experience of claims involving The Home Office, The Ministry of Justice and The Ministry of Defence.
Louis is particularly well-versed in all areas of public law and judicial review. He frequently acts on behalf of both claimants and defendants in the Administrative Court. His particular areas of specialism are human rights-based challenges in the context of community care, immigration, education and mental health.
Louis is recommended as a leading individual in The Legal 500 2021 in the following areas:
- “Very hard working and immensely knowledgeable in his field. He is approachable and easy going with clients. Meticulous attention to detail is apparent in his advocacy and written submissions. A very capable barrister, who is well regarded by his clients and is highly recommended”- Inquests and inquiries – Leading silks
- “His strengths are: Excellent interpersonal skills. Patience. Very bright.” – Personal injury – Leading silks
- “Highly skilled barrister with excellent knowledge of his working area.” – Administrative and Public Law – Leading silks
- “Recommended for data breach claims.” IT, Telecoms and Data Protection – Leading silk
Louis is also recognised in the Chambers and Partners 2021 in the following areas:
- “He cares deeply about his cases and is an excellent advocate.” Personal Injury
- “He cares deeply about his cases and is a pleasant advocate.” Inquests & Public Inquiries