Public Access (Motoring Offences)
Julian Goode can advise and represent you in court if you are charged with a ‘summary only’ motoring offence. This is a motoring offence which can only be heard in the Magistrates’ Court. For example, driving while disqualified, driving without insurance, careless driving, failing to stop or report and speeding.
Timescales for our services may vary depending on factors such as barristers’ availability, the complexity of your case and the need for additional documents. As a guide, written advice on your case will be available within two to four weeks where possible. You may also need representation at short notice. If so, please contact the clerks and Julian will aim to represent you at the hearing where possible.
We charge fixed fees, which means that we will charge you a set amount of money for the work. Below we provide estimates based on the ranges of fixed fees for Julian. All fees include VAT (where applicable).
If you have a particularly complex case, your fees may also be higher than the estimates below.
Stage of case and ranges of fixed fees (estimates)
- Written advice on your case: £200 – £400
- Preparation of case, including conferences with you and assistance with drafting of court documents: £200 – £400
- Guilty pleas: £750 – £1,000
- First appearance (pre-trial court appearance): £300 – £500
- First day of trial: £500 – £1,000
- Court appearances per day, after the first day of trial: £500 – £1,000
All information is correct as of 01/01/2020 but fees are estimates only. For the most accurate fixed fee estimate, please contact Julian’s clerks.