Eleanor has a well-established reputation across both the Northern and North-Eastern Circuits for her strong, thriving and dynamic Chancery & Commercial practice.
Eleanor is praised by clients and peers alike for her powerful and succinct advocacy, thorough preparation and in-depth knowledge of litigation involving Property and Trusts of Land, Company and Shareholder disputes (including Unfair Prejudice Petitions) and all aspects of insolvency-related Litigation.
In particular, in respect of Insolvency matters, Eleanor’s practice encompasses all aspects of Personal and Corporate Insolvency and Restructuring (for Office Holders and individuals/companies) including Administrations, Voluntary Arrangements, Liquidations, Bankruptcy, Claims under the Insolvency Act 1986, especially Wrongful and Fraudulent Trading, Misfeasance, Preferences, Transactions-at-an-undervalue and Directors’ Disqualification.
- Acted at the BPC in Manchester on behalf of a number of Respondents to an Application under paragraph 71 of Schedule B1 IA 1986, which Respondents were resident out of the jurisdiction, concerning a partly-built development in Liverpool.
- Successfully appeared in the BPC in Leeds and represented the Joint Administrators of an energy company concerning an Application brought under paragraph 74(1) of Schedule B1 IA 1986, which Application was dismissed and an order for indemnity costs was made in favour of the Joint Administrators.
- Advised and represented a Trustee-in-Bankruptcy concerning beneficial ownership of multiple properties owned by the Bankrupt.
- Advised a well-known gym company concerning the proper meaning and construction of various clauses in its CVA.
- Advising Joint Administrators in respect of voting procedures.
- Advising and representing various company directors at the BPC in Manchester concerning disqualification proceedings.
- Regular appearances at the BPC in both Manchester and Leeds pertaining to Administration Orders (both opposed and un-opposed), Applications to extend or discharge Administration Orders and Applications to make distributions to unsecured creditors.