Prosthetics Seminar 2018 – Manchester
All You Need To Know About Amputee Cases
09:30 – 16:15
Trauma related amputations are life-changing events that have a huge impact on the victim and their family. Anyone involved in the rehabilitation and representation of an amputee requires a thorough understanding of the holistic input required to optimise recovery.
This seminar brings together speakers who specialise in disciplines which contribute to optimising their outcome of amputee rehabilitation. Speakers will share insight about their roles and review some of the latest technical developments for the benefit of the audience.
Our confirmed speakers for the event include:
- Gerard Martin QC, Exchange Chambers
- Richard Edwards, Potter Rees Dolan
- Pace Rehabilitation – The highly respected multi-disciplinary team (MDT) will present the pathway its amputee patients follow in receipt of their prosthetic provision and associated therapy services. From clinical assessment, through to delivery of appropriate function restoring prosthetic devices, the team will outline the episodes and challenges along the way, providing an informative insight into their clinical services
- Dr Vanessa Moulton – Chartered Counselling Psychologist (Consulting Psychologist for the Walking with the Wounded South Pole expedition with Prince Harry)
- Dr Kianoush Nazarpour – Senior Lecturer in Biomedical Engineering, Newcastle University, and developer of bionic hand currently being trialled by amputees in the UK
- Dr Laurence Kenney – Reader in Rehabilitation Technologies/Research Lead Rehabilitation Technologies, University of Salford
Download the programme here.
To reserve your place, or if you would like more information, please contact Jo Stapley.