Forfeiture of Business Leases – Liverpool
Time: 16:00 – 17:30
William Hanbury and Steven Fennell will be presenting talks on various legal topics surrounding forfeiture of business leases.
Bill Hanbury: Legal Pitfalls – when to forfeit and when not to forfeit
- Physical re-entry or court proceedings?
- Problems with 146 notices
- Other restrictions on the right to forfeit
- Non- payment of rent
- When relief will be available
Steven Fennell: Forfeiture and insolvency-treading a difficult line
- Different insolvency procedures and landlords’ rights Negotiating with administrators, liquidators and supervisors Court applications if negotiation fails Assignments and new leases