As well as experience of acting in substantial corporate disputes, Tom has experience of transactional work, which stems from his time as a member of the Dispute Resolution team at Linklaters LLP.
Whilst at the bar, he has been instructed to advise in corporate transactions, and to make applications to court for capital reductions.
He is also regularly instructed in unfair prejudice proceedings, and is able to draw upon his considerable experience of commercial and insolvency disputes.
Recent cases in which Tom has been instructed includes:
- Acting for a company in a court application to reduce a share premium account with a value of approximately £25 million.
- Acting for the petitioner in unfair prejudice proceedings:
- Involving circumstances in which the directors had taken steps to transfer company funds to their personal bank accounts;
- Against respondents who had awarded significant pay rises to employees at the same time as refusing to pay dividends;
- In which the respondents had incorporated a rival business and transferred the assets of the company, including the substantial benefit of commercial contracts.