Philip is a family law practitioner specialising in matrimonial finance and property and related divorce cases.
He has extensive experience of “big money” matrimonial disputes at all levels, many with an international or jurisdictional element, and appeared in both White and Miller and McFarlane in the House of Lords.
Philip is recognised as a leading silk in both Chambers and Partners and The Legal 500. He is a Bencher and former vice-chairman of the Advocacy and CPD Committee of Gray’s Inn, a Fellow of the International Academy of Family Lawyers (IAFL) and an associate member of Resolution. He is former Chairman (2016/2017) of the Family Law Bar Association (FLBA).
Particular cases of interest include:
- Owens v Owens  EWCA Civ 182
- Z v Z  EWHC 911 (Fam)
- AA v BB (Application to Set Aside)  EWHC 4210 (Fam)
- H v H  EWCA Civ 1523
- UL v BK  EWHC 1735 (Fam)
- JKN v JCN (Divorce: Forum)  EWHC 843 (Fam),  1 FLR 826
- Miller v Miller  2 WLR 1283 (House of Lords)
- Mark v Mark  2 FLR 1193 (House of Lords)
- Moore v Moore  1 FLR 666
- Pearce v Pearce  2 FLR 1144
- White v White  1 AC 596 (House of Lords)