Public Law / Judicial Review
Paul’s public law and judicial review work forms part of his local government and social housing practice for which he is independently acclaimed as a leader in his field. He was appointed Junior Counsel to the Crown by the Attorney General in 2015, and is a member of the Government’s ‘A’ Panel. He continues to be awarded the highest available independent ranking in each of his areas of specialism [Legal 500 2021 and Chambers UK 2021].
Paul is Head of Local Government & Social Housing at Exchange Chambers and sits as a Recorder in the civil jurisdiction. He advises and represents clients throughout the country and has particular expertise in public law and judicial review work in the following areas:
- All aspects of housing law and housing management
- Residential landlord and tenant law and its interface with human rights law
- Community safety & anti-social behaviour (including injunctions and possession actions)
- Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Equality Act 2010 issues
- Governance and policy issues
Paul provides continuing professional development training for local authorities, private registered providers, the police, solicitors and insurers.