Public Law / Judicial Review
Paul’s public law and judicial review work forms part of his extensive local government and social housing practice for which he is independently acclaimed as a leader in his field. In Chambers UK 2020 he has again been awarded the highest available Band 1 ranking in each area of specialism.
Paul is Head of the Local Government & Social Housing Department at Exchange Chambers. He advises and represents clients throughout the country and has particular expertise in public law and judicial review work in the following areas:
- All aspects of housing law and housing management
- Residential landlord and tenant law and its interface with human rights law
- Community safety & anti-social behaviour (including injunctions and possession actions)
- Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Equality Act 2010 issues
- Governance and policy issues
Paul provides continuous professional development training for local authorities, registered providers of social housing and the police.