Public Law / Judicial Review
Paul’s public law and judicial review work forms part of his extensive local government and social housing practice for which he is independently acclaimed as a leader in his field. He is the only barrister listed by Chambers UK as a leader in the area of local government law, as well as being consistently ranked in social housing law. In Chambers UK 2019 he has again been awarded the highest available Band 1 ranking in each area of specialism.
Paul is Head of the Local Government & Social Housing Department at Exchange Chambers. He advises and represents clients throughout the country and has particular expertise in public law and judicial review work in the following areas:
- All aspects of housing law and housing management
- Residential landlord and tenant law and its interface with human rights law
- Community safety & anti-social behaviour (including injunctions and possession actions)
- Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Equality Act 2010 issues
- Governance and policy issues
Paul provides continuous professional development training for local authorities, registered providers of social housing and the police.