Property & Planning
Paul is named as a leading property junior in the North in The Legal 500 2020 and is a favourite with clients. He specialises in advising and representing local authorities, social housing providers and other public and private sector landlords.
Paul is independently acclaimed as a leader in the fields of local government law and social housing law. He continues to be awarded the highest available independent rankings in each area of specialism [Chambers UK 2020].
Paul is also Head of the Local Government & Social Housing Department at Exchange Chambers. He advises and represents clients throughout the country. In the context of property law he has particular expertise in:
- All aspects of housing law and housing management
- Residential landlord and tenant law and its interface with human rights law
- Community safety & anti-social behaviour (including possession actions)
- Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Equality Act 2010 issues
- Judicial review and public law challenges
- Governance (including drafting and advising upon policies and procedures)
Paul provides continuing professional development training for local authorities, private registered providers and the police.