Mike is an experienced specialist commercial and construction lawyer practising in all forms of contract-related work. He had director level experience in international business and consultancy before coming to the Bar. M He is also an ADR Group accredited mediator.
Mike specialises in the following areas of law:
- All forms of commercial/contract law
- Building and construction law including adjudication disputes
- Professional negligence (in the context of building/construction professionals, solicitors, financial practitioners and insurance brokers)
- Insurance and re-insurance law
- Employment and human rights law
Mike has an outstanding academic track record. He was first recommended by Chambers & Partners as one of the leading juniors practising in commercial law in the North West in the mid-1990s. His practice has developed substantially and consistently since that time. He believes in a practical approach to litigation. As a matter of first principle he is always ready to talk to solicitor clients about any case without prior notice and before receiving any formal instructions.
As to Court experience, Mike has experience of all specialist Courts within his practice areas and in particular the Commercial, Mercantile and Technology and Construction Courts in London, Liverpool, Manchester and Leeds. He acts throughout the North West in ET and EAT cases on behalf of both claimants and respondents.