Louis is an experienced practitioner in all areas of employment law. His work encompasses claims which are often complex and high profile in stature. He acts for a broad range of clients including businesses, local authorities, universities, other public authorities, trade unions and individuals.
He frequently acts for governmental departments in a wide variety of employment disputes.
Recent cases in which Louis has appeared and advised have concerned the following matters:
- Whether certain terms in a collective agreement were incorporated into a contract of employment
- The application of the annual leave provisions of the Working Time Regulations to certain workers
- A claim by a teacher for unfair dismissal in respect of an alleged whistleblowing incident
- Human Rights Act 1998 claim for sex discrimination
- Advising corporate clients about changes to terms/conditions and TUPE
Louis also has very significant experience and expertise in cases concerning breaches of restrictive covenants/restraint of trade clauses in contracts of employment.