Lisa has forged an excellent reputation as a leading barrister in Commercial Chancery cases. She is highly experienced in advising and representing a diverse range of companies, individuals and Government departments.
Lisa is a particularly popular choice as Counsel for advice, advocacy and drafting in disputes in the High Court in the following practice areas in which she has extensive experience:
- Shareholder disputes;
- Corporate and personal insolvency;
- Directors’ and trustees’ duties and related claims;
- Share and business sale disputes;
- Petitions to wind up companies in the public interest (often involving commercial fraud), directors disqualification and other litigation involving Government departments, including Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs;
- Partnership, LLP and joint venture disputes;
- Contractual disputes;
- Real property and trusts, particularly in an insolvency context
- General commercial litigation (equitable remedies including injunctions, confidential information, agency, conversion, nuisance, conflict of laws, commercial fraud and professional negligence).
Recent highlights of Lisa’s practice include:
- Acting for the Claimant in a claim for breach of warranties in a share sale contract. The companies purchased by the Claimant had planning permission to build wind turbines. Case settled before 10 day High Court trial in Leeds.
- Successfully representing a shareholder in a family business valued at in the region of £2 million in unfair prejudice petition proceedings, which settled at mediation just before a 5 day High Court trial in Manchester.
- Appearing in the precedent decision of Norris J in Re Graico Property Co Ltd (in administration)  BCC 15 on behalf of the Applicant administrators
- Acting for the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy in obtaining the winding up of two companies in the public interest that had defrauded members of the public.
- Representing at mediation and advising a partner in a family farming partnership in a dispute involving assets with a value of in excess of £6 million.
- Representing majority shareholders in responding to unfair prejudice petitions in respect of three companies in the clothing retail sector in an 8 day trial in the High Court in Leeds.
Lisa is also a member of the advisory board of the Centre for Business Law and Practice at the University of Leeds.