Kate’s advisory and Court work extends to cases involving collective enfranchisements, contracts for the disposition of land, property held on trust, boundary disputes and matters within the Land Tribunal.
Kate regularly acts on behalf of landlords in possession proceedings under the Housing Act 1988 and has also represented parties in boundary disputes and trespass cases.
In addition to her Court work, Kate is regularly instructed to draft pleadings in both a residential and commercial property law context; and provides formal advice regarding the same. Recent cases have involved:
- Advising on the passing of benefit of a restrictive covenant, having regard to Section 78 and 79 of the Law of Property Act 1925, as well as the reasonableness of the user restriction and refusal of consent.
- Advising on the validity of a Section 21 Counter-Notice under the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993.
- Advising on and preparing applications for both interim and final injunctive relief.
- Advising on damages for a claim in nuisance and the possibility of recovering negotiating damages in lieu of an injunction.
- Attending both fast-track and multi-track trials for claims regarding the disposition of land; TOLATA; and boundary disputes.