Local Government and Social Housing
Ian has an extensive and wide ranging practice covering all aspects of regulatory and licensing work.
He is instructed by local authorities, companies and individuals to advise upon and to conduct litigation in a myriad of fields including health and safety and environmental regulation.
Local Government and Social Housing Cases
- Re WBC – advising local authority on merits of judicial reviewing decision of tribunal in relation to council tax appeal.
- R v L – prosecuting large scale car clocking case spread over 8 years.
- R v ECM – instructed to prosecute a company and its directors for a large scale trade mark fraud committed over the internet concerning products connected to the car manufacturing industry.
- R v BJM – instructed to conduct the appeal of a company and its director convicted of illegally dumping waste material arising from a prosecution brought by the Environmental Agency.
- Re FF – advising a local authority on a health and safety prosecution whereby a contractor was severely injured and suffered life changing injuries.
- R v P – represented a national construction company in a prosecution by a local authority for offences connected to road safety and access to a construction site
- R v PRM Wines – instructed by a local authority in licensing proceedings to apply for the removal of a liquor licence for premises whereby illegal workers were employed. The case arose from a multi-agency investigation into the use of illegal workers in Merseyside.
- R v RM – representing a company and its directors accused of mis-selling motor vehicles to members of the public which were in an unfit state