Giles is recognised as a robust, thorough advocate and is consistently noted as a leader in his field. He is Junior Counsel to the Crown (Regional Panel A) and is experienced in dealing with substantial commercial fraud cases. Over the last 26 years he has appeared at all levels up to and including the Court of Appeal and even in the Supreme Court of the Seychelles and in the Supreme Court of Gibraltar.
His practice covers all aspects of commercial fraud with a particular emphasis on those frauds that take place in a corporate context.
In recent years Giles has acted for the Secretary of State in a number of high profile fraud cases including the actions and investigations of DBEIS following the collapse of BHS.
He has also represented over 300 claimants in a multi-million pound corporate fraud case in the Cayman Islands arising out of the CWM FX Ponzi scheme scandal.
Commercial Fraud Cases
Significant reported cases include:
- David Hugh Carr & 16 Ors v Formation Group PLC & 5 Ors  EWHC 3116 (Ch)
- Ahmed and Others v Ingram and Others  EWCA CIV 519 (void transaction)
- Secretary of State for Business Innovation and Skills v Pawson  EWHC 2626 (Ch) (directors disqualification)
- Overfinch Bespoke Vehicles Ltd (in Liquidation) v Freddie White as Liquidator of Lemma Europe Insurance Company Ltd [13/5/15] Gibraltar
- Ultraframe v Fielding & Ors  EWHC 1638 (Ch) (corporate fraud)