Public Access (Employment)
Catherine Knowles can advise both employees and employers on unfair dismissal and wrongful dismissal claims. Catherine Knowles can also represent both employees and employers at the Employment Tribunal. She can undertake work on a public access basis in appropriate cases.
Timescales for your case may vary depending on factors such as barristers’ availability, the complexity of your case, the need for additional documents and the other side’s approach. However, as a guide more straightforward cases tend to have a hearing date four to six months of a claim being made.
Fees are estimated on an hourly rate which for Ms Knowles is £200+ vat. Ranges of hourly rates are estimated to provide a guide of the potential cost of each stage in more straightforward cases, but if you have a more complex case, then a greater number of hours work may be required, and therefore the overall cost will be higher. There may also be additional costs for stages of the case that are not listed here. For example: if a hearing is adjourned and re-listed for a different date than originally planned, drafting Skeleton Arguments, advising on particular procedural issues, or appeals.
Stage of case and hourly rates (estimates)
- Written advice on your claim: £800 to £1,200, approximately 4-6 hours
- Preparation of case, including conferences with you and assistance with drafting of any tribunal documents £800 to £1,200, approximately 4-6 hours
- Preliminary hearing: £600-£1,200, approximately 3-6 hours.
- First day’s tribunal appearance: £2,800 – £3,000 approximately 14-15 hours
- Tribunal appearances per day, after the first day: £1,200 to £1,400, approximately 6-7 hours per day
- Remedy hearing (to decide compensation): £1,200 to £1,600, approximately 6-8 hours
All information is correct as of 01/01/2020 but fees are estimates only. For the most accurate fixed fee estimate, please contact Catherine’s clerks.