Public Access (Employment)
Ashley Serr can advise both employees and employers on on all types of employment law matters and disputes. Ashley can also represent both employees and employers at the Employment Tribunal. He can undertake work on a public access basis in appropriate cases.
Timescales for your case may vary depending on factors such as barristers’ availability, the complexity of your case, the need for additional documents and the other side’s approach. However, as a guide more straightforward cases tend to have a hearing date four to six months of a claim being made.
We charge fixed fees, which means that we will charge you a set amount of money for the work. Below we provide estimates based on the ranges of fixed fees for Ashley Serr. All fees are exclusive of VAT (where applicable).
If you have a particularly complex case, your fees may also be higher than the estimates below. There are also likely to be additional costs of up to £200, for rail travel and up to £150 per day for hotel accommodation where necessary.
Stage of case and hourly rates (estimates)
- Written advice on your claim: £750 – £2,500
- Preparation of case, including conferences with you and assistance with drafting of any tribunal documents: £1,500 – £5,000
- Preliminary hearing: £1,000 – £2,500
- First day’s tribunal appearance: £1,000 – £2,000
- Tribunal appearances per day, after the first day: £1,000 – £1,250
- Remedy hearing (to decide compensation): £1,250 – £3,000
All information is correct as of 01/01/2020 but fees are estimates only. For the most accurate fixed fee estimate, please contact Ashley’s clerks.