Annual Local Government and Social Housing Conference 2017 is a great success
November 28, 2017
250 delegates and counsel gathered at Liverpool Town Hall on Friday 24th November 2017 for Exchange Chambers’ Annual Local Government and Social Housing Conference.
The event, now in its 12th year, is a sector focused national conference for local authorities, private registered providers and their solicitors and insurers.
With twenty speakers, this year’s event was the largest conference Exchange Chambers has ever hosted.
“We are absolutely delighted with the success of this year’s conference which has established itself as one of the key dates in the diary for the local government and social housing sectors,” said Paul Burns, Head of the Local Government and Social Housing Department at Exchange Chambers. “A big thank you to all the delegates, speakers and organisers for their contribution.”
Delegates were equally enthusiastic about the event. Comments included:
“This has been one of the best, if not the best, year. I am grateful for the time, effort and professional expertise put into presenting it.”
“A first-class event in a fabulous venue with useful and relevant updates which always prove useful.”
“As always, a superb jam-packed day.”
“The whole day was structured well and there was a good variety of topics on offer. All of the speakers were knowledgeable in their respective areas.”
The speakers in full were as follows:
- Paul Burns – Anti-Social Behaviour Litigation Update.
- Gareth Shires – Asbestos claims in personal injury cases.
- Peter Dixon – Planning in Local Government.
- Michael Rawlinson – Recent developments in the area of law relating to Coroner’s inquests.
- Ashley Serr – Recent updates in employment law.
- Simon Vaughan – Homelessness.
- Claire Gourley – Cost budgeting in personal injury cases.
- Richard Tetlow – Enforcement of Judgement debts.
- John Wyn Williams – Hearsay provisions in criminal cases.
- Paul Kirtley – Section 15 discrimination arising from disability in employment law cases.
- Joshua Shields – Passing it on.
- Christian Taylor – Surveillance evidence, practice and procedure in personal injury cases.
- Louis Browne QC – Recent developments in Judicial Review.
- Imran Shafi – Assisting a reluctant witness in a criminal trial.
- Roger Hillman – Court of Protection: Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
- Paul Johnson – Top tips for mediation.
- Hedley Nield – Highway claims in personal injury cases.
- Lawrence McDonald – Property law quiz.
- Nicola Daley – Cross-examination in criminal trials.
- Rebecca Clark – Court of Protection: Forced marriages and relationships.
Exchange Chambers’ Local Government and Social Housing department has an enviable history of leading the way in the provision of legal services to the local government and social housing sectors in England and Wales.